Last updated September 1st, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Animerankers.com (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, nickname, phone numbers, email addresses, business email, business phone number, and other similar data.
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect data collected from surveys, CV and other job application data such as background checks, financial information (credit card numbers, purchase history, invoices), and other similar data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS ” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit ours.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Online Identifiers. We collect devices, applications, tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing, device’s geolocation, and other similar data.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the ” WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS ” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of ours.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with them over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
Google AdSense, Ezoic
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
- Allow Users to Connect to their Third-Party Accounts
- Content Optimization
Google Site Search
- Invoice and Billing
- Retargeting Platforms
Google Ads Remarketing
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Website Hosting
- Website Testing
6. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short:If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our offer you the ability to register and log in using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
7. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short:We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short:We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short:In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of ours.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
11. DATA BREACH
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when Animerankers.com believes you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that Animerankers.com becomes aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information Animerankers.com will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
12. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
13. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short:Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
14. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short:Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
15. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com:
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.